The Victoria Gallery & Museum is one of the major cultural assets of The University of Liverpool, managed by the Libraries, Museums and Galleries Department.
Our Mission is to enable people to explore our collections for inspiration, learning, the creation of knowledge and enjoyment in line with the University’s founding mission ‘for the advancement of learning and ennoblement of life’. We collect, safeguard and make accessible objects that we hold in trust for society.
Our Vision is to be recognised as the most engaging, inspiring and welcoming University galleries and museums by looking forward through the past, for the advancement of learning and ennoblement of life.
Our Values are:
- To respect all our visitors, staff and users and to treat people as individuals
- To develop relationships with our visitors and internal and external colleagues and organisations
- To be supportive and ask people about their needs and share knowledge and experience
- To be creative and try something new
- To strive for continuous improvement
As well as a regular programme of changing exhibitions, the VGM also hosts a variety of different events such as talks and lectures aimed at all ages as well as free tours of the building on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12.30pm. We have recently introduced our monthly relaxed concerts series where visitors can enjoy hearing students and staff perform in our fully accessible ground floor cafe whilst enjoying a piece of cake and a hot drink. These concerts are a wonderful opportunity to meet new people with similar interests or simply chat to our friendly staff who are always happy to share their knowledge of the building and the collections.