Volunteer Action is a local charity supporting the elderly, unwell, disadvantaged and those with disabilities in the local area. We aim to help people keep their independence, stay living in their own homes and remain an active part of the community. We provide a community car scheme and a befriending service. All drivers and befrienders are volunteers.
Our members can
- take part in everyday activities that are so easily taken for granted
- visit friends and relatives or do their shopping
- go to the doctor, dentist, clinics and hospitals
- have a like-minded person visit regularly in their own home
- get advice on other help available, including support to access those services and follow-up calls to ensure the help has been suitable