WAC offers both therapeutic & social care to ladies who are 50 plus years. We provide a wide range of services and a high standard of care, but also encourage service users to maintain a healthy and independent living.
We offer appropriate and culturally sensitive services designed to meet identified needs.
Key Focus at WAC
At WAC we are working towards moving/shifting away from the fixed psychology created in South Asian communities.
Focus on Mental Health
- Mental health problems are not shameful.
- Encourage discussions on mental health issues which are otherwise ignored.
Normalising Mental Illness
- Mental health problems can affect everyone, including your family.
- 1 in 4 people will be affected by mental health issues during their life time.
- Mental health issues can affect people independent of creed, colour, gender or status.
- Increase open discussions about mental health problems. Mental illness is a taboo subject in South Asian communities, resulting in a lack of awareness and knowledge.
- Continually working towards delivering important key facts on mental illness. And loneliness
Deliver Positive Messages about People with Mental Health Problem’s : Emphasis on:-
- People recover from mental illness.
- With the right treatment and support people can recover.
- People develop mental illness through no fault of their own.
- we have daily lunchroom club and exercise classes three times per week. Yoga. Plus fall prevention classes.
- We help people to make friends somewhere people can go and socialise together