Remarkable Lives is a free app to help you record, save and share your life stories.
Remarkable Lives builds an interactive timeline of memories. Whereas traditional social networks can’t backdate and document only what’s happening in the present, Remarkable Lives chronicles people’s life stories from the beginning. Although you can enjoy using the app to record a personal memoir, we hope to encourage people to save someone else’s life story, such as an older relative. Less selfie, more selfless.
It’s simple to use:
- Upload a photo.
- Write a memory to go with it.
- Choose a date – the day, month, year or even decade will do.
- Post it to your profile and, as if by magic, it will appear in the right place in your timeline.
- Share your post with your trusted contacts – nobody else will see it, only those people you choose to share your timeline with.
What’s in it for me?
- No more lost or forgotten memories: Remarkable Lives is designed as a private digital album, a place to store old photos and tell the story behind them.
- A positive and practical resource for tackling loneliness: Remarkable Lives acts as a positive reminiscence activity to give people their voice, connect with others, and foster a renewed sense of dignity, identity and meaning.
- The ultimate family story-time: An activity for everyone to collect stories, photos and mementos from parents and grandparents, and share a lifetime of moments for now and future generations, together.
- The benefits of technology, without the hassle: The Remarkable Lives app prioritises and celebrates older people by putting them at the centre of their story, without them having to work out the technology themselves.
- It’s private and ad-free: safe, secure and uncluttered; good, right?
Download the app to your phone (tablet coming soon):